YOUR NEW PUPPY
Let’s start at the very beginning:
Puppies are adorable, especially when you introduce them into your home. The magic moment is when you see your puppy discovers new sights, smells, and sounds but there’s also a quiet layer of anxiety as it adjusts to its new living environment.
You’re keen to establish boundaries, and exercise discipline, yet you never want to compromise your affection and devotion towards your new puppy. So how do you remain calm as your puppy exerts boundless and sometimes tearaway energy?
Here are some of the questions you may ponder over:
- What is the best time to bring my new puppy home?
- How much time should I spend with my puppy during its first week?
- Where should my puppy sleep?
- Where should I feed my puppy?
- When do I begin to establish boundaries?
- What if my puppy is disobedient?
- What is considered biting from aggression?
- Can I leave my puppy at home on its own?
- What should I do if my puppy shows signs of anxiety?
- When should my puppy start toilet training?
- When should my puppy be left alone in the back yard?
- Is my home and backyard safe?
- What toys are suitable for my puppy?
- When should I go on walks?
- When should I introduce my puppy to other dogs?
This is where DogTech practical yet uncomplicated DogTech® Home Set-Up program can establish a safe and happy environment for you and your puppy.
Not only will we answer these questions and more, but our team of highly-skilled and fully-trained Whisper Wise® dog behavioural specialists will also provide you with the tools to help set up a puppy-proof home and establish the right behaviours and environment for your new family member. Additionally, we will discuss the importance of commitment that results in a puppy’s calm state of mind and presence.
In the Home:
One of the important steps in a puppy’s immediate development is to assimilate your new friend into its new home environment.
First, our behavioural specialist will assess your puppy in its new home, ensure that everything is correctly set-up and provide you with direct-instructional support and a series of trusted Whisper Wise® techniques that will allow you to immediately establish boundaries, a routine adapted to your lifestyle and most importantly, pack leadership.
The long-term benefits of our DogTech® Home Set-Up are not only rewarding, both emotionally and financially, but will help strengthen the loving relationship between you and your puppy throughout its life.