We’re Hiring – Seeking A Dog Trainer
Do you love dogs?
38 Hours Per Week.
Salary: Ranging from $46,857 – $71,685 pa (including super) dependent upon experience of the candidate. Including Car Allowance
Master Dog Trainer – Richard McDonald
- Deliver a DogTech methodology aligned training program for the dog and owner;
- Implement support tools within environment to deliver quality outcomes for training and behaviour programs;
- Communicate to and educate dog owners on behavioural observations;
- Educate dog owners to successfully maintain the training schedule put in place to ensure ongoing success;
- Understand a dog owner’s needs and listen to a dog owner’s concerns;
- Work with the dog owner to teach them about their dog and deliver solutions to combat unwanted behavioural traits;
- Teach dog owners about dog behaviour and educate them about reinforcing good behaviour;
- Provide excellent customer service to dog owners;
- Promote DogTech by visiting Pet industry outlets (Vets, pet stores, groomers etc) and engage with management once every three months to maintain rapport and to supply such outlets with DogTech branded promotional material such as brochures provided by DogTech and any other material approved and supplied by DogTech’s CEO or senior management;
- Promote and sell DogTech supplied products and training equipment to clients as part of their training program.
Key competencies and Qualifications
- Higher School completion or equivalent;
- Results driven and can demonstrate prior success in the dog training industry working with dogs of a variety of ages and breeds;
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients;
- Ability to work well with dogs with a variety of ages and breeds;
- An understanding of body language in dogs;
- Ability to identify dog, owner and environment problems;
- Leadership qualities with the ability to implement a plan of action for others;
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Holds a valid NSW Drivers Licence;
- Own a vehicle and mobile phone are required;
- An understanding of the Companions Animals Act NSW 1998;
- A positive attitude, confident and excellent time management skills;
- Display and embody a high level of patience when dealing with a challenging dog or dog owner;
- Previous customer service and sales experience;
- A History of dog ownership;
- A Knowledge of different dog breeds;
- The successful applicant must undergo a Working with Children check.