We’re Hiring – Seeking A Dog Trainer
Do you love dogs?
38 Hours Per Week.
Salary: Ranging from $46,857 – $71,685 pa (including super) dependent upon experience of the candidate. Including Car Allowance
Master Dog Trainer – Richard McDonald
- Deliver a DogTech® methodology aligned training program for the dog and owner;
- Implement support tools within environment to deliver quality outcomes for training and behaviour programs;
- Communicate to and educate dog owners on behavioural observations;
- Educate dog owners to successfully maintain the training schedule put in place to ensure ongoing success;
- Understand a dog owner’s needs and listen to a dog owner’s concerns;
- Work with the dog owner to teach them about their dog and deliver solutions to combat unwanted behavioural traits;
- Teach dog owners about dog behaviour and educate them about reinforcing good behaviour;
- Provide excellent customer service to dog owners;
- Promote DogTech® by visiting Pet industry outlets (Vets, pet stores, groomers etc) and engage with management once every three months to maintain rapport and to supply such outlets with DogTech® branded promotional material such as brochures provided by DogTech® and any other material approved and supplied by DogTech’s CEO or senior management;
- Promote and sell DogTech® supplied products and training equipment to clients as part of their training program.
Key competencies and Qualifications
- Higher School completion or equivalent;
- Results driven and can demonstrate prior success in the dog training industry working with dogs of a variety of ages and breeds;
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients;
- Ability to work well with dogs with a variety of ages and breeds;
- An understanding of body language in dogs;
- Ability to identify dog, owner and environment problems;
- Leadership qualities with the ability to implement a plan of action for others;
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Holds a valid NSW Drivers Licence;
- Own a vehicle and mobile phone are required;
- An understanding of the Companions Animals Act NSW 1998;
- A positive attitude, confident and excellent time management skills;
- Display and embody a high level of patience when dealing with a challenging dog or dog owner;
- Previous customer service and sales experience;
- A History of dog ownership;
- A Knowledge of different dog breeds;
- The successful applicant must undergo a Working with Children check.