Thinking about getting your first puppy? Although getting a puppy is exciting there are still a lot of things you have to consider before taking the plunge into puppy ownership. Here are 15 questions we’ve rounded up that you should know the answer to before you consider bringing a new puppy home!
- Do you know how to puppy proof your home?
- Are you aware of the top 10 most poisonous plants for dogs?
- How many times a day do you need to feed your puppy?
- What type of food should you feed your puppy?
- What are some dangerous foods you should never feed your puppy?
- What are a few simple lessons you should teach your children about interacting with your puppy?
- When does your puppy receive their first vaccination?
- When is the best age to de-sex your dog?
- At what age does your puppy start to understand their role in the pack?
- How often should you bathe and brush your puppy
- When is the best time to start focusing on socialisation?
- How often should you worm your puppy?
- How much exercise should you give your puppy?
- What is crate training and why should you do it?
- What are some common stress signals?
If you found some of these questions difficult to answer or it’s left you feeling abit unsure, our Dogtech Puppy School is the perfect way to give your puppy the tools it needs to grow into a confident and well-behaved dog. Our 3 Week Puppy Pre School program will assist with:
- Socialising with Other Dogs
- Establishing Boundaries
- Basic commands
- Crate training a puppy
- Lead and walking techniques
- Toilet Training
- General Behaviour Instruction
- Health, Diet and Puppy Safety Instruction
- Smooth transition into Adulthood
Book a Puppy Preschool Training Session today!